This section contains humor relating to the Society for Creative Anachronism, and historical reenactment in general. Non-SCAdians will likely be completely mystified (you have been warned!). Non-humorous SCA links are over here.
- Complete Information on Raising and Caring for your Peer. The essential manual for squires and other owners of these necessary but troublesome creatures.
- The Dictionary of SCA Slang, by Ioseph of Locksley. All right, maybe this isn’t precisely humor, but it’s still pretty damn funny.
- The Knightly Knotebook, by Viscount Galen of Bristol. Complete advice on how to be knightly.
- Re-Enactors’ 12-Step Program, by Magnus Maxwell. I guess you can have too much of any good thing…
- SCA Garb Violation Notice! There are some things that just aren’t pre-1600, thank God.
- Screwtape’s SCA Letters, by Viscount Galen of Bristol. C.S. Lewis meets the SCA. Absolutely hilarious, and dead on target. (The server is a little screwy, so it’s a bit hard to connect sometimes, but keep trying–it’s worth it!) Oh, and if this page puzzles you, it’s probably because you haven’t read C.S. Lewis’s original Screwtape Letters (also available in a cheaper edition, and on audiocassette, read by John Cleese).
- Top Ten and a Half Fun Things to Do at Pennsic War. ‘Nuff said.
- You Know You’re in the SCA When… To my knowledge, the most comprehensive list of its kind.